Growing up on Twillingate Island has fostered my desire to photograph icebergs and cultures within North Atlantic’s Iceberg Alley.
Outports are small ocean communities sprinkled along the coastline of Newfoundland Island.
They lie at the end of Iceberg Alley and have seen their way of life decimated by the decline of fish stocks in the North Atlantic Ocean.
I follow the charter of Geotourism. Truly sustainable tourism makes use of preservation and enhancement. Together, these two guiding principles protect the environment and local population.
Places/Events I’ve participated in on my journey as a visual artist:
– Arts & Culture Centre, Exhibition with Michael Fantuz – Gander, NL – 2010
– Downhome Gallery – Twillingate Island, NL – 2011
– Driftwood Gallery – Twillingate Island, NL – 2014
– Hancock | Adey Gallery – Water Street, St. John’s, NL 2018
– AdeyStudio – Mount Pearl, NL 2018 – Present.